Craft Fair Exhibitor Information
Exhibitor Information Needed:
There is information we have not asked for previously, that is required for your Virtual Booth during the live event. We have separated the form into these 2 sections so that you can get us any immediate changes ASAP, and work on the other information before the September 20th deadline. View Form
This video provides an explanation and visual example for each segment of information needed.
Name: 50th Annual Peters Valley Craft Fair...Re-Imagined!
Date: ONLINE October 10-11, 2020, 10:00am-5:00pm ET
Registration Links: (Please note we are charged for every registration. To make this viable for our organization, but also accessible for our audience, we have several options for different groups.)
- Public link: https://hopin.to/events/50th-annual-peters-valley-craft-fair includes 1000 free tickets or the option to purchase a ticket to support Peters Valley School of Craft (the Craft Fair is our largest fundraiser of the year)
- Link for exhibitors to share with customers for $2 tickets: https://hopin.to/events/50th-annual-peters-valley-craft-fair?code=92180725-f184-477e-b3a3-918ab50fb766
- Link for exhibitors only registration (free admission): https://hopin.to/events/50th-annual-peters-valley-craft-fair?code=e8e53fc3-6f40-424a-b58f-f87261dd665d
Promotional Language: Join us for a unique, live, and interactive craft fair! Meet over 80 juried artists in their Virtual Booths and shop their incredible selection of handmade jewelry, pottery, and other wearable and home items & gifts from the comfort of your home.
[Or in bullet format:]
Join us for a unique, live, and interactive craft fair!
- Meet the makers in their Virtual Booths Buy from over 80 juried artists from the comfort of your home
- Customizable, fun shopping experience
- See behind the scenes and ask artists about their process
- Computer recommended, but platform works on phones and tablets too! Chrome or Firefox browser recommended.
Download Press Release (coming soon)
Promotional Graphics: (Click link to download)
- PDF 4x6 Postcard Front Side | Back Side
- Customizable Graphic | Instructions:
- Graphic can be used as it, or you can replace the image with your own piece of work.
- When replacing the image, either use a PNG file with transparent background around the artwork to make it come out from the computer, or use and image inside the borders of the laptop screen
- Move the dates around based on the width of your image
- Customizable Animated Graphic (coming soon)
Promotional Recommendations & Opportunities:
- Use #petersvalleycraftfair and tag @petersvalley & @petersvalleygallery on all your social media posts to promote the event. We’ll share your posts as stories on our accounts. Encourage your audiences to follow the hashtag, and please share our posts too!
- Post about your work and the events twice a week leading up to the event, and help us by joining our "crowdspeaking":
- Post a "push out" which focuses on information about the event and registration so people will come see you and shop.
- Post a "sneak peek" about what you'll have or be doing to build hype.
- "Crowdspeaking" is a way of coordinating our social media support together to give our message more resonance and collectively reach a wider audience. Let's all post 2 days before the event, October 8th and include one of our graphics and our language in your post.
- We’ll be highlighting a few exhibitors in each of our weekly emails to registrants and on social media. Share your stories with us so we can promote you - Is there any special you have planned to do during the fair? Do you have a video about your work/practice/process? Blog or podcast?
Zoom Meeting Tutorial Sessions & Hopin Practice Event:
Join us for these collaborative Zoom Sessions where we will work collectively and share best practices and recommendations so that we can all learn from each other and find success in the digital marketplace. All sessions will be recorded and links will be uploaded to this website.
Friday 9/11/20 12pm ET | E-Commerce Website (Square/Weebly) Creation & Easy Photos
We'll take you through the steps needed to create your own full website with an ecommerce shop easily and inexpensively, and provide recommendations for content, tips and details. Watch the recording
Friday 9/18/20 12pm ET | Promotion & Social Media
We'll provide instruction on setting up and linking social media accounts and email marketing, share our plans for promoting this event and the power of collective promotion, and how you can utilize the same strategies to promote both this event and your own work to your audience. Watch the recording
Friday 9/25/20 12pm ET | Transactional Protocols
We'll tackle all the little details of successfully selling online so your customers will keep coming back. Topics include making sales, policies (returns, repairs), plan/pricing for shipping, and communication. Register here
Friday 10/2/20 12pm ET | Hopin Tips, Hive Mind Planning
With one week before the big event, we'll get together to brainstorm best practices and explore ways for each exhibitor to tailor the platform for their unique needs. We'll create a practice live event on Hopin to reacquaint you with the experience. Register here.
10/7-10/9/20 | Hopin Sample Event
This will be a duplicate of the real event, but hidden and accessible via emailed link (forthcoming, as we'll want all your booth information updated prior to making the copy)
- Exhibitors will have 3 days 24/7 to practice in their booth, visit other exhibitors in their booths to earn from each other, and schedule times for meeting with event staff.
- Brienne and Lakota/Peters Valley Gallery will be in their booths each day from 1:00-2:00pm for anyone to visit with questions, and exhibitors can schedule a time with either Brienne or Lakota (please choose only one to give everyone an opportunity).
Book appointment with Brienne | Book appointment with Lakota
Videos Tutorials: (click link to watch)
- 5 minute walkthrough of the Craft Fair on the Hopin platform
- June 26th Zoom Meeting - a more in-depth explanation of the Hopin platform and a conversation & questions with artists
Info for those listing products through the Peters Valley Gallery
August 21st Zoom Meeting - explanation of inventory set up & requirements; Conversation and Q&A with artists
Submission Deadline: September 20th. Subsequent deadlines are listed in instructions document linked below.